Article – Workplace: how to adapt to hybrid workplaces ?
There is a before and an after Covid-19 on several levels. Remote working has skyrocketed since then, and this situation has proven us its efficiency. This is why this new way of working is now being structured with adapted tools and working methods.
Most companies have rethought their working habits and have now a hybrid organization combining remote working and presence at the office.
Our article will explain what is a hybrid workplace and how to adapt to this new working conditions. ⤵️
What is hybrid work?
This kind of work organization is a mix between face-to-face work at the office and remote working from an external place – it can be at home or at a coworking space, for instance.
You have thus the advantages of both organizations: at the office, you develop your social and professional life, and remote working offers you the possibility to increase your quality of life – costs and time savings, and flexibility for instance.
Hybrid work is a great compromise because it also allows limiting the negative aspects of each work organization. With a fully remote working, employees can feel isolated. Some workers may feel the need to come working at the office a few days per week to reconnect with their colleagues and to have this face-to-face interaction, which is of great importance for the sense of belonging to a group or company.
It also avoids to waste time on the way to the office, or money for the fuel every day which have a direct negative impact on the employee quality of life.
Companies can thus invent a clear model that gathers the best of these two sides and allows its employees to work efficiently both at the office and at home. 🏢 🏠
How to adapt?
As we have seen, hybrid work organization provides indisputable benefits. Companies need to adjust since this work habits require some adaptations.
- In terms of training: managing a team at the office and remotely is not the same task. It can be a major challenge for managers who are not used to it. Office work needs also to adapt and be reorganized through creating a flex office, for instance, to define work station according to the needs.
- In terms of digitalization: remote working has considerably accelerated the digitalization within a company. This mission is generally carried out by the IT department, in collaboration with executives, managers, and employees to meet their needs.
In order to ease this change to hybrid work process, a company can involve IWMS specialists, for instance. Using Integrated Workplace Management System solutions is the perfect choice to ensure this transition to a hybrid organization. Space Management, Portfolio Management, Project Management, and Asset Management (furniture and equipment) are some of the many advantages of adopting such software solutions for a successful hybrid organization. 🖥️
Crucial aspects of a hybrid organization:
We have list for you five key elements to check while using a hybrid organization:
- Ensure data security regardless of location,
- Provide effective and adapted communication tools,
- Train the managers for this hybrid organization,
- Meet your collaborators’ needs,
- Support these new work habits by specifying the work conditions.
Hybrid work organization represent an ideal solution combining the advantages of remote working and working at the office while limiting the negative points of these two sides.
This organization also represent real changes and challenges for a company which need to be supported. Adapted software solutions exist to ease this change, such as the implementation of an IWMS.
If you need more information about this kind of solutions, you can check our website by clicking here: https://bit.ly/35d49fM 🔗