Article – Workplace: Main work organizations
A company needs to consistently innovate in order to ensure the quality of life and well-being of its employees. This innovation should also apply to its facilities. Choose a workspace adapted to the company and its development is a crucial question. The employer must thus be able to provide solutions to improve productivity and efficiency at work.
Open space, remote working, coworking or even desk-sharing are the main work organizations that can be implemented. Do you want to know more about them? Our article is made for you 😊
This type of work organization have become very popular and it is almost standard for most of companies nowadays. It is a shared workspace where employees are not separated by partitions. There are pros and cons of adopting this workspace.
- Employees see, and hear each other,
- Ease communication,
- Favour collaboration and team cohesion,
- Reduce company’s costs,
- Employees can work together.
- Noisy and loud environment,
- Lack of privacy,
- Difficulties to concentrate and focus,
- Sense of being watched at all times.
Remote working has skyrocketed since the global pandemic. This work organization consists on working outside the company’s facilities. It is crucial to balance professional and private lives. Remote working is great because it combines flexibility, autonomy, and productivity.
- Time and costs savings,
- Greater motivation,
- Improved balance between professional and personal lives,
- Greater autonomy and productivity,
- Reduction of absenteeism,
- Greater employees involvement,
- Smaller ecological impact.
- Lack of social interaction,
- Difficulties in focusing,
- Feeling of isolation,
- Difficulties in transmitting urgent information,
- Risk of unbalanced professional and personal lives.
A coworking space is a shared work space used by many professional at the same time. This work experience allows each one to professionally grow and exchange. It also helps with team building and cohesion. This organization is currently expanding.
- Professional improvement,
- Increased motivation and productivity,
- Increased flexibility,
- Reduced costs,
- Loss of isolation feeling.
- Loss of professional secrecy and confidentiality,
- Not adapted to big companies,
- Not adapted if you need calm.
The principle of desk-sharing is very simple: you share a desk with everyone. There is no longer assigned desktops depending on your needs. Desks are never empty no matter employees’ vacations, absence, or remote working days. When they arrive, employees work on a free desktop.
- Favour team building and cohesion,
- Better flow of information,
- Favour communication,
- Costs savings,
- Smaller ecological impact.
- Noisy space,
- Loss of personalized desktop,
- Lack of sense of belonging,
- Loss of time while finding a free desktop.
It is important to feel comfortable in your workplace to maintain productivity and efficiency in your professional life. Companies can embrace these different types of workspaces to favour the team building, cohesion, and creativity. What is your work organization?
If you need some help with your Facility Management, we can present your our IWMS solutions. Integrated Workplace Management System is customized software solutions aiming to align your employees, processes, and technologies with your overall business strategy. Do you need more information? Click here to check our website: https://bit.ly/3tTvsW4 🔗